Now that I can find riced cauliflower at my local grocery store (Zehr’s) it is really quick and easy to make this alternative to mashed potatoes! Shown above with a barbecued pork tenderloin.
Keto loaded mashed cauliflower is one of my favourite side dishes these days!
I would make this the last thing you prepare while your meat is resting, as it doesn’t hold the heat for very long.
Time: 10 minutes
- 340 gram bag of riced cauliflower (probably one head if you’re ricing your own with a knife or food processor)
- 1/2 cup (or 60 grams) of shredded cheese
- 4 tablespoons whipped chive Philadelphia crease cheese (or any other flavour of cream cheese! Feel free to mix it up!)
- 42 grams of bacon bits
- fresh/dried parsley or chives if you want
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you can steam the cauliflower in the bag do that, otherwise transfer to a container to steam. I use this epicure steamer that takes around 7 minutes to cook the cauliflower.
- Once steamed, transfer cauliflower to a mixing bowl and add all other ingredients.
- With a hand mixer at a medium-high speed, combine ingredients until the lumps from the cauliflower are gone. If the lumps don’t go away, you may need to cook for longer next time – don’t worry though it will still taste delicious!
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with chives or parsley (fresh or dried) if you like